1. I got to take a shower before work *without* James standing in the bathroom throwing my clothes into the bathtub! This meant I got to shave my legs. And moisturize! This is a good feeling.
2. When I got out of the shower my favorite dress du jour was clean and hanging on a hanger right next to the gray zipper cardigan I like to wear it with. No sniff test required! A great way to start the day (and also, you would think, motivation to stay on top of the laundry, but no!).
3. I stopped at a new place after dropoff and had the most unbelievable breakfast taco OF MY LIFE. Crunchy tortilla strips, huge chunks of fresh avocado, fresh pico, AMAZING fresh salsa (reasons I could never leave the Lone Star State despite my other misgivings. I mean, I can teach my kids about separation of church and state even after they strike it from the textbooks, but can you get breakfast tacos with fresh, homemade salsa in Massachussetts? I don't think so. I can't even spell
4. After I finished my taco, which I ate in the parking lot after surmising that it was a two-hander and therefore not suitable for eating while driving (best taco evar), I had an attack of the Itchy Nose so severe that when I finally stopped scratching I noticed the lady in the car next to me staring at me in horror. She may have thought I was doing cocaine? Because just before that I was licking the extra salsa and avocado chunks off the tin foil from my taco? Anyway, I hope it made her day to see a thirty-something mom in a minivan coking up.
5. The "Nine at Nine" year on the radio was 1990. Fifth grade was a good year for music: Paula Abdul! Fleetwood Mac! The Black Crows! Also, free pass night skiing, brightly colored clothing made from artificial materials, and drawing lots of pictures of my cat. Memories!!
6. It's going to be 65 and sunny today. Another reason I couldn't live in
7. Yesterday during my lab I stepped out into the hall to make myself a cup of tea and got pulled into a meeting about something I've been hoping would happen for a couple of years. At the end of the (short, because I still had students in my room) meeting, a coworker said to me in a serious voice: "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. YOU COULD BE THAT ONE EYED MAN." I have been laughing about this for the last eighteen hours. And also I really hope I AM the one eyed man, because the project is pretty cool. Also I work with Yoda.
8. On Wednesday I wore my new skinny jeans to office hours along with a big sweater and a scarf. I was walking across campus for something and a student stopped me and asked me if I was planning to come to student happy hour. BECAUSE SHE THOUGHT I WAS A STUDENT. Best pants ever. Will need three more pairs.